Teleflex tachometer with dip switches

Previous topic - Next topic

gwhyland

Does anyone have the Teleflex tachometer manual for the one with dip switches? There is an post here about them but the links for the two service manuals don't work
Glenn Whyland
Hakuna Matata
1998 MKII
Noank, CT

Ron Hill

Glenn : Look in the older (1990s) Mainsheet tech notes and you find my article (w/pictures) of the settings for the M25XP engine OEM alternator (Feb 1999)  I wrote another article incase you have another alternator with a different pulley from the OEM alternator.

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Quote from: gwhyland on June 14, 2023, 07:12:53 AM
Does anyone have the Teleflex tachometer manual for the one with dip switches? There is an post here about them but the links for the two service manuals don't work

Glenn the Tech Manual for TFlex gauges is on the Wiki (engine section) -- there is no problem with that link.

-kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

girmann

I would like to know the correct setting for the M35BC. When we bought Mola Mola, it was way off. I finally got a tach on it and got it dialed in, but now I notice that the hour meter is running 2x faster than it should be.

Mark
Mola Mola #1488
Proud owner of hull #1488

KWKloeber

Quote from: girmann on July 05, 2023, 06:54:24 AM

I would like to know the correct setting for the M35BC. When we bought Mola Mola, it was way off. I finally got a tach on it and got it dialed in, but now I notice that the hour meter is running 2x faster than it should be.

Mark

The hour meter doesn't advance off the alternator signal.  The Alternating Current signal merely turns on the hour meter and the 12 VDC power to the Tach advances it.

If no one on here has the setting info for the alternator on the B series engine:  The DIP setting depends on which Tach you have on the panel (make/model number??) and your alternator (provide the Alt model number and we can look up how many poles it has.)  Also need the diameter of your crank and Alt pulleys.

If everything is OEM you might contact Westerbeke, who could tell you a setting (but Westerbeke has its own Tachometers and panels so not sure that will help) so you might try asking the Catalina factory what setting that they used on B engines?  Alternately you might contact Dennis, who built the panels for Catalina.
https://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,9160.msg66784/topicseen.html#msg66784

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain