Raymarine Axiom 7 vs Axiom+ 7

Previous topic - Next topic

senorquill

Good afternoon,

I've had an Axiom 7 MFD for about 3-4 years now and my chief complaint is that we it rains, gets dew, ect.., I cannot control the touch screen. Sometimes this can really screw you over. I use an iphone with Navionics for back.

Does any have the newer Axiom+ 7 with the upgraded touch screen? If so, does it actually work when it gets wet?

The next option is the Axiom Pro S which has physical buttons but is a lot more expensive.

Thanks,

MQ
MQ

rmjohns

I haven't used the Axiom but I do have the Axiom+ and I've never had problem with it picking up movements on the touchscreen.

As an aside, I just noticed the latest update to Lighthouse OS that came out yesterday allows for the EVO autopilot to follow a course without manually verify the course change at waypoint turns.
Rob

1998 Catalina 34 Mkii 1390 - Miss Allie
New Bern, NC

waughoo

Interesting update regarding the waypoint following.  I have made peace with the way it is having to acknowledge the course adjustment, but that feature would be appreciated!
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

senorquill

Quote from: rmjohns on April 05, 2023, 07:11:00 AM
I haven't used the Axiom but I do have the Axiom+ and I've never had problem with it picking up movements on the touchscreen.

As an aside, I just noticed the latest update to Lighthouse OS that came out yesterday allows for the EVO autopilot to follow a course without manually verify the course change at waypoint turns.

Thanks for the info. Ya the Axiom touch screen is garbage in the rain, so the + must work better if you havent had issue.

Going to try the update tonight.

Thanks

MQ
MQ

Gary Brockman

I've had both units as my Axiom 7 had problems and Raymarine replaced it with the +. The + seems to be a better touch screen in all conditions and sheds water pretty well. It also has a brighter screen.

Gary
Squall
1986 Hull #231
Tall Rig/Fin Keel - Elliptical Rudder
M25XPB - Flexofold 2 Blade 15x10
Marina del Rey, California