Sailing the San Fran area

Previous topic - Next topic

rwilkinsii

I am hoping to get some feedback on the sailing around the San Fran area. My wife is interviewing out there and I would like to know if we should pursue this due to the location and the sailing. Yes we are wanting to be in a good sailing area and anything is better then Houston. I would like some honest feedback and is it pretty expensive out there also (ie car ins, boat ins, etc).

Thanks for the help in advance. :rolleyes:

Rich Wilkins
Watergate Marina
Houston Tx
86 c34
S/V Lil Tiger
rwilkinsii@yahoo.com
Geaux Tigers!!

Stu Jackson

San Francsico Sailing

You gotta be kidding, right?

It, of course, is a wonderful place to sail.  Check out www.Latitude38.com, and go from there.

Boat insurance is boat insurance, your boat, your choice of insurers.  Shouldn't be anything different than where you are.

Slip fees for us are less than $300 per month.

Car insurance?  This is kinda a boat oriented thing here.  You could check the Triple A California website for insurance rates.

Good luck,

Stu

PS:  never call it "Frisco," that's back in Texas!
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

rwilkinsii

Stu: I read the Fleet one info and it sounds like you all have a great time out there... I am hoping that the wife lands the job in Walnut hill area.. It will be nice to sail my c34 in water that is deeper then 10 feet in the bay... It gets a little scary at times knowing i draw 5'7. I am ready for some good offshore sailing and letting her STRETCH her legs   ;) and be sailed like she should be.. She was bought Originally here in Houston and hasn't done anything more then maybe to Galveston and back...

Thanks for the info... I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Rich Wilkins
Watergate Marina
Houston Tx
86 c34
S/V Lil Tiger
rwilkinsii@yahoo.com
Geaux Tigers!!

rirvine

Rich & Stacy:

Come join us and sail in perhaps one of the best sailing venue in the World.  You will find any type of sailing you might desire in the Bay and the surrounding waters.