Label Maker Recommendation?

Previous topic - Next topic

MarknCat

Hi all, we are looking for a label maker to use in and on the boat and on the dock. Anyone have one they really like?
MarknCat
Barefoot Life
C34MKii Hull #1483

Steve_in_lex

Dymo.  Easy to use, different size fonts, special characters, different options for the background tape, and the labels stay on.  Mine is an earlier version of the Label Manager 280.
Steve Saudek
2005 C-34 MK II
"Brisa"

Jim Hardesty

Quotewe are looking for a label maker to use in and on the boat and on the dock. Anyone have one they really like?

Can't say I really like it, but it works good, I have a real cheep Dyno, the one with a wheel and trigger.  The labels are long lasting and readable.  Friends that have used the "nicer ones" need to replace often due to fading.  That and red, green and black permanent markers take care of most of it.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Noah

I use a Brother P-Touch 220. Works fine, although the user interface is a bit complicated.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

ewengstrom

I have a Dymo Label Manager 160 and love it. The interior electrical panel on Ohana is the white variety and I've labeled the "accessory" switches with the correct wording for what they actually control. As noted above the font size is adjustable as is the font itself so the labels look pretty darn close to the original on the panel itself.
I've also labeled a few hoses around the boat but end up putting the label on and then wrapping the hose and label with clear packing tape so they won't "sweat" off. Works great!!!!
Eric Wengstrom
s/v Ohana
Colonial Beach, Virginia
1988 Catalina 34 MKI TR/WK
Hull #564
Universal M25XP
Rocna 15

MarknCat

Thank all, ended up with the Dymo 360 and so far so good.
MarknCat
Barefoot Life
C34MKii Hull #1483