Height adjustable table in cabin is VERY difficult

Previous topic - Next topic

krafty81

Quote from: Jim Hardesty on June 21, 2023, 09:17:50 AMThought I'd send a picture of my prototype table support.  Did this on a rainy day from parts found on board during last year's cruise after the table was wiggling and wobbling cutting a steak.  Now solid.  Also note in the background my shelf, cut to fit the ledges under the v-berth filler piece.  I find that good storage.
Jim
My table has the wiggle problem. What size is that clamp you made? Thanks.
2007 Catalina 34 Mk II, Hull #1786

Jim Hardesty

QuoteMy table has the wiggle problem. What size is that clamp you made? Thanks.

Like I said the clamp was made from stuff on hand.  If I remember correctly, it was a clamp for a 1 inch tube a large cable tie and some rope.  Since then I've replaced that with a small, maybe 3 inch, shelf support that I drilled and tapped into the compression post mounted under the table.  A small slit into the compression post vinyl cover and it's unseen.  Works very well, if I were to want to move the table it would only require removing one screw.

I would post a picture but it's on my phone and during one of the alleged updates I can no longer send from my phone to PC.  I hate the alleged updates, often creates problems for me.
Jim 
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

krafty81

How did you make that bracket? Mine is wobbly too.
2007 Catalina 34 Mk II, Hull #1786