Bruntons Autoprop

Previous topic - Next topic

waughoo

I have been considering a bruntons autoprop for my 91 mk1.5 with the m35 universal.  Does anyone have any experience with these on our boats?  Is a 15" too big with this design (where the blades flip around for fwd and rev)?
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

WBev

Alex,
I have one and love it.   The US distributor, King Propulson, is run by Rod Sampson who is extremely knowledgeable (Ph.D) in engineering, and has gone above and beyond in his service. If you call him, he will answer or call back.  Tell him your engine, and some specs, and he will get you a quote.  You can refer to mine for the specs, he knows me well enough at this point.  I had lots of questions in 2020.I have a 15 on my boat, with a M35 engine.  The PO of our boat put one on in the early 2000's.  I replaced it with a new one in 2020 as a marina worker did something stupid to the original one.  I spoke with the engineer who designed it at the 2019 Annap. Boat show, and with Rod.   You do have to grease the new version once per year, and I pull mine to do so.  (Delos does theirs in the water, or has on youtube.)

Rod's info is:
Roderick Sampson, PhD
Naval Architect - King Propulsion
US Distributor for Bruntons Propellers
   19441 Golf Vista Plaza, Suite 360, Lansdowne, VA 20176
   (757) 962-9219
   roderick@kingpropulsion.com
   https://kingpropulsion.com
Perfectly Imperfect
2019 C-355 WK

waughoo

Thanks for the review and the resource!
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Ron Hill

Guys : According to Gerry Douglas (VP Catalina Yachts & C34/C36 designer) you don't want to go larger than 15 inches in prop diameter, because of hull buffeting!!   :cry4`

A thought
Ron, Apache #788