mast halyard exit plates

Previous topic - Next topic

mdidomenico

does anyone know if the 89' style halyard exit plates are still available anywhere?  since my mast is still down i'm thinking i might cut in the 5th optional plate for the pole lift.  i don't have a pole or plans to get one anytime soon, but it's probably easier to cut this hole with the mast horizontal.

catalina direct sells exit plates, but they are drastically different then mine.  which isn't a big deal, but hey, aesthetics...

i just looked on ebay (which i guess i should have done first), looks like there are ones available.  mine aren't stamped schaeffer though.  i'll have to measure and see if they match
1989 Cat34 #856, original m-25xp

KWKloeber

My initial wonderment when anyone's looking to locate an OEM part is, "Have you tried CTY parts department?"
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

mdidomenico

Quote from: KWKloeber on April 14, 2021, 07:57:19 AM
My initial wonderment when anyone's looking to locate an OEM part is, "Have you tried CTY parts department?"

the answer is mostly (and usually in my case), no.  for me its just laziness in having to make a phone call and they don't answer emails...
1989 Cat34 #856, original m-25xp

waughoo

Hey... i got an email reply... it took only 3 weeks!  ;-)

That said, I have found them to be quite helpful when I actually get into a pickle.  Its worth it to keep trying.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

KWKloeber

Its worth it to keep trying.

I don't get it. A new paradigm I suppose. 
When looking for a product or service or information we "can't" use our telephonic devices for a few minutes in its native mode, but we "can" use it for hours on end in another mode to scour the ether. :rolling :rolling.
Maybe I'm just too old school! (Or just too old) :shock: :cry4`
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

waughoo

I had to do both phone call and email to get my response.  Honestly, the fact that they still support the old boats with questions and hardware is quite impressive.  Many builders don't.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Stu Jackson

Quote from: KWKloeber on April 14, 2021, 08:47:45 AM
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>

our telephonic devices for a few minutes in its native mode

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ach, I agree.

Maybe they call them phones for some unknown and hidden reason.   :shock:
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."