M25XP temp warning switch

Previous topic - Next topic

Bikerbob

I want to say I have searched, but not found specifically what I am looking for.

I want to get a temp warning switch into my water system on the M25XP (1987)

I have a C30 - so the install location is under the end seat center of the boat.

I know there is a replacement housing for $250+ that has a boss in it for the switch. I am trying to avoid buying that.

I have heard that some replace the bleed tap with a nipple and couple and put the switch there.. I think this wont work for the C30 install because of the engine cover / seat that fits very close to the top of the engine.

I was looking at a rad fan switch that is on @ 210 and off at 190..  I think this is a good on temp. I think easy running should be 160-170 hard running up to 190.. so 210 is ummm not good pay attention.

If there is a thread I missed - point me there please, otherwise I am looking for suggestions.

James

KWKloeber

Bob

You don't need a nipple and coupling, just screw the switch in to the port after removing the petcock.

Or

Remove the thermostat cap
Drill and tap a 1/8 NPT hole on the stbd side of the cap
Screw in the switch.  No multi-hundred dollar "boss" is needed.

When you reinstall the cap, be cautious of getting a good ground & MAINTAINING it as time goes on (although it's not as much a problem on the big lakes).  If you search C-30 YahCHOO, I discussed how to do that.  Use the advanced search w/ author "kwkloeber"

cheers
ken

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

KWKloeber

james,

Wait a minute, we already went thru this on the C-30 site. 
As George had said, just screw the westerbeke switch into the top of the T-cap. 
You'll need to put a female Packard 56 terminal on the alarm wire (the switch has a button, not screw terminal.)

Besides, you said while you had the T-cap off, you were going to drill and tap it??!?!?  :donno:
I've got CRS but not that bad.  :rolling

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain