How to troubleshoot and fix low oil pressure alarm?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Hardesty

QuoteIt turns out one of the prongs on the old switch had broken off which was sounding the alarm.

That's the same thing that happened to mine. 
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Jack Hutteball

Based on your hull numbers, mine must be ready to go!

Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Jim Hardesty

QuoteBased on your hull numbers, mine must be ready to go!

I don't think that it's a wear thing.  IMHO.  I think that the bayonet contacts got bent or damaged at assembly.  That's the only thing that I see that would cause it to break off.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

sailaway

Been having trouble with alarm not sounding when I turn the key on. Wondered where the oil pressure sw was. This is a great website. OK the Right p/n is 15841-39010 I have a M-25 or Kubota engine D850 Charlie

KWKloeber

Quote from: sailaway on September 29, 2016, 05:45:11 PM
Been having trouble with alarm not sounding when I turn the key on. Wondered where the oil pressure sw was. This is a great website. OK the Right p/n is 15841-39010 I have a M-25 or Kubota engine D850 Charlie

Charlie,

Kubota p/n 15841-39010 is NOT for the OEM M-25 (the switch is mounted on a machined block mounted above the Hx bracket.)  The M-25 OE switch is an NPT thread; p/n 15841-39010 is a JIS thread, which is the switch located on the engine block (JIS thread) on the M25-XP. 
DO NOT thread one into the other, even if it seems like it fits the thread.

see....
http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,9168.msg66816.html#msg66816

-kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

KWKloeber

Quote from: sailaway on September 29, 2016, 05:45:11 PM

There can be several causes of non-alarm, the switch is probably the least likely because it's normally CLOSED (alarms) and opens under pressure.  More likely the wiring is bad, or the alarm module, or........

Do you have an M-25 parts manual?

-kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain