Fridge Upgrade

Previous topic - Next topic

sselinger

I have a 1990 C34 (#1047). After 25 years, I am thinking of replacing the A-B fridge. Every year it seems to get less and less cold. I am wondering if people who have done this update have basically gone with a new S-B unit or found a better replacement. Any input would be appreciated.
Steve Selinger
Aquila #1047

Ken Juul

If it is working fine but not getting cold enough may just need a shot of freon.  Another indication of low freon is extended cycle times. Might also be an issue with the termostat.  When ours bit the dust I went with a Sea Frost.  Admiral really wanted a freezer.  Could not be happier with it.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Ken Juul on November 15, 2015, 06:45:56 AM
If it is working fine but not getting cold enough may just need a shot of freon.  Another indication of low freon is extended cycle times. Might also be an issue with the thermostat. 

Good points.  Other issues are a (partially) blocked condenser grille or a malfunctioning fan.

The 101 Topics has a link to Richard Kollmann's site.  Richard notes that 99% of fridge issues are electrical.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."