update re last years fuel leak http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,7685.0.html

Previous topic - Next topic

captran

going to try to find the UV detector kit in Friday Harbor.  had a few drops this year, same place the fuel egressing as photo on original post, at the base of the "wall: by the nut..  hit some waves off Patos and the leak stopped for 2 weeks.  then decided to run the engine at 2000 rpm, as normally run at 17 or 18 and the leak started up again.  a drip every minute or so.  wrapped all the fuel lines taping on absorbent material.  nothing.  checked again all fuel connections as well as connections at the injectors.  I still can not see where it's coming from.  it is certainly not the hoses or connections.  Looked at the engine manual but really can't tell if there is something else inside the engine that it could be coming from.  grrr.  major frustration.     :cry4`
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

captran

No fuel dye kits in Friday Harbor or Ganges, so guess I have to wait until getting back to Anacortes.  Guess you are all as stooped as I am.  The drip continues.  It's a teaspoon every 2 to 2 1/2 hours of motoring.  clean it up every day, catching it in an extra plastic drip pan.  wrapped all the fuel lines and areas around injectors.  keep thinking it must be from some engine seal/gasket, as I have spent hours underway looking, watching with a mirror.  the only place I see or feel fuel is the area of egress where it drips down.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa