HAUNTED C34

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Luzar

A friend of mine had his boat shipped to the east cost of Florida, and while living aboard, he experienced a lot of noises on his hull at night. He was told by the locals that there is a fish ( a mullet?) that hunts at night and traps it prey against the hull of boats, so it is normal to hear whapping against the hull at night. Perhaps this is the same phenomenon.
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

Kyle Ewing

I sometimes notice some deck creaking on a hot morning, nothing significant. I attribute it to the sun hitting the deck and thermal expansion. Is there a certain time it happens?
Kyle Ewing
Donnybrook #1010
Belmont Harbor, Chicago
http://www.saildonnybrook.com/

chuck53

Quote from: stevewitt1 on July 22, 2014, 11:03:33 AM
Hmmmmm,

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call ... The C34 Zone.

Steve

Steve hit the nail on the head

day dreamer

ok  ...   so moved  marinas and noise has stopped  --   must have been local turtles or  something -- 

incredible how sound is amplified  in a hull  !!

lazybone

You can run, but you can't hide.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677