Old Raymarine Autopilot Repair Source

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

From co.com

njwtech
Watkins 27
Port Charlotte, FL

njwtech hasn't generated any comments yet, may be new around here

This guy has parts and can repair oldre Raymarine autopilots. He just repaired and tested my ST3000 control head late last week (although I have not received it back yet).

Oliver Midgette
Trident Marine Electronics Inc
Norfolk, VA
www.tridentmarineelectronics.com
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stu Jackson

Allatsea also reported this information in June 2014:

Thanks to all of you that replied. Capn Dan on sailnet.com has pointed me to

http://kimbroughracingproducts.com/store/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29872

which looks like it will do the job with minor modification. I have ordered some and eagerly await their arrival.
Hope this info is useful to others.
cheers
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

garyw

Hi
I had my old auto helm 4000 repaired by a Dan Gerhardt in Colorado for only about 150$ .  Very reasonable and quick service.

Gary W

Jim Fitch

Dan Gerhardt sells parts as well.  I just bought a new motor, orings and connector for my ST4000+ from him at a good discount.  His email address is:
C250@mydurango.net

Jim

Stu Jackson

Found this today on co.com

SerenityTC
Hunter 27
Traverse City

There is a guy on EBay that sells and repairs these vintage units at a fair price. I had him repair my ST-4000 unit last year and was very happy with his work. Do a search for "KodiakJack99" on EBay. That is his seller ID.

PS - this is the same fellow that Jim mentioned.  One emails to ask as the address Jim gave.

Stu Jackson

Our ST3000 died north of Newport, Oregon, on our trip up the coast.  I sent the control head to Dan Gerhardt.  He wrote back within a few days:

Stu,

I have the ST3000 repaired.  You had some corrosion starting on the PCB and it shorted out the processor.  It was also booting up as "800" and not 3000 so you probably will need to go through the setup as I am guessing that any setup data was lost.

Cost is $75 + shipping.  If to a US address, shipping is $15.00

I can ship it Monday, priority mail, so you should get it about Thursday (US address).

We paid extra to have it shipped to our new address in Canada.  Can't say enough good things about Dan.   Can't wait to get Graeme back.  Our wheel brake will be happier, too.

Stu Jackson

We received our repaired autopilot from Dan the other day.  My friend Len and I took Aquavite out this afternoon and recalibrated the unit.  It now works perfectly.

One satisfied customer here.

Stu Jackson