Shore power cord

Previous topic - Next topic

kmorton16@comcast.net

The shore power cord on Trident becomes sticky in hot weather and leaves marks on the deck. Any solution?

Mike Smith

Wipe it down with a bleach and water solution to clean it and then wipe it down with Armorall.  Cleans up great!

Mike Smith
S/V Breezer
www.mikejansmith.com

Stu Jackson

...as Ron described, but with a little twist.

To keep the cruddy-ness of the shorepower cord from "staining" the lifelines, I make sure that where they are connected ith the velcro ties is next to one fo the metal pieces on the lifelines.

Now, how's that for minutia.  I always thought that shorepower cords were supposed to look ratty so no one would steal 'em!
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ted Pounds

I also have two cords, but I keep my cruddy one attached to the dock with wire ties.  That way when I want to sail I just turn off the power, unplug, and go.  It helps that I have a port tie-up with my shore power plug on the port side.  By the way, Stu, you're right about why power cords should be cruddy.  Some Friends of ours with a Gozzard 44 had $300 worth of nice shore power cords and adapters ripped off this summer.

Ted
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447