salon table

Previous topic - Next topic

joe

i have just purchased a 1988 c-34. when i decided to lower the salon table to make a berth i assumed i only needed to untighten the bolt on the table leg and it would lower. i did and it didn't. is there something else i am supposed to do or is it not operating correctly?
joe hamilton;  1988 catalina hull # 792; fresh water inland lake; "march hare"

Jeff Kaplan

joe, when i got #219  2 seasons ago, on the trip home, one of the crew tried to lower the table for sleeping, but couldn't get it to move.  turned out he just didn't put enough of a push down to get it to move. chances are the po didn't lower it often, so a little extra oomph might be required. just make sure you push down straight over the post and the bottom screw is backed out. worked for me...jeff
#219, 1986 tall rig/shallow draft. "sedona sunset" atlantic-salem,ma

Jim Price

I does not hurt to spray little sailcoate or teflon on the shaft.  Mine was same - stuck from little use.  It will go down but it has a strong spring in tube to keep table up.  Spray and work it a little - it will get better. 

Search site also.  There are several ideas  on reducing size of table top and others that had problems with table not going down.
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

joe

i applied muscle and silicon. the table works. thanks joe
joe hamilton;  1988 catalina hull # 792; fresh water inland lake; "march hare"