Escape on homepage

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

Curious about the sails.  It appears that the main is loose footed, kind of unusual on a std rigged boat.  How big is the genoa?  The clew on my 150 is way forward of the one in the picture.  From the caption on Flickr he does well racing so they may be racing designs.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

horsemel

Blue Moon has a loose footed main.  The sails are by Air Force and about 6 years old.  I like the loose foot.  It makes for easy adjustment using the outhaul.  My genoa is a 150 and does not come back as far as that shown in the photo. I bet that is about a 170.  We had one on our San Juan 24 and proportionately it appears to be about the same.
Mark Mueller
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

harvey

Escape is a 1986 hull number 187. The sails on the boat are made by UK. The genoa is a 155% which is the largest legal size for my class. We do run a loose foot main. We have had  certain amount of success racing. We won the San Diego Catalina Association fleet championship for the fourth year in a row. In the summer we switch back and forth between being a cruiser and a racer. Best of both worlds. Love the boat!!!
James Harvey
Team Escape
Commodore SDCaTA