Universal XP25 Hose Replacement - The Freshwater Coolant Pump Hose 90 Deg.

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

The right hand turn that Ron mentions is for the 3 inch HXs.  Our old 2 inch HX had a hose connection that faced straight aft, toward the alternator hose connection.  The newer 3 inch HX we installed has that bottom port-side hose connection facing to port.  So, either install a 90 elbow at the HX with its concurrent extra hose clamps, or get a longer hose from under the alternator and give it flex to make the turn without a kink.  Thats' what we chose to do.

As noted in our Nov. 2006 Mainsheet alternator regulator replacement report, we used a 7400 belt that moved the alternator as for to port as we could, which created good clearance underneath the alternator bracket to allow the 7/8 inch to 1 inch elbow copper 90 degree fitting to stop hitting the oil filter.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Albreen

I'm glad to have seen this posting. In replacing the hoses for a new heat exchanger, I realized (as described well here) the hose coming from the water pump was 1" preformed coolant hose without wire and connected to an elbow that reduces to 7/8" for the hose running port side of the engine to the HX. I was able to buy the Gates #20693 coolant hose off the shelf at a local auto parts and will install everything tonight. It's nice to once again have all the information right here at one's fingertips.  :clap
Paul Leible
1987 C34 "ALBREEN", SR/FK, M25XP
Sailing Lake Champlain

Footloose

Paul,

I splashed the boat this morning.  Hope to see yo on the lake soon.
Dave G.
"Footloose"
Hull# 608  1988 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
Malletts Bay, VT- Lake Champlain

Albreen

Here is a picture of the old and new pre-formed coolant hose with the 1" to 7/8" elbow.

toyota
Paul Leible
1987 C34 "ALBREEN", SR/FK, M25XP
Sailing Lake Champlain