does anyone sell holly/teak wood?

Previous topic - Next topic

anaisdog

does anyone know of a vendor who sells the flooring, on the older version of our boats , the teak with light holly inlay?  we're in detroit but we could travel to get it. it's actually for an older Islander but he wants the same flooring i have in my 1986 c34

thanks

becki kain
Hull #99, c34, 1986, Detroit Yacht Club

KWKloeber

absolutely becki

just plug < teak and holly plywood detroit > into your gurgler search bar and hits will pop up from that white whirlpool washer thinggie that mr. gore invented.

some suppliers will cut a sheet so it can be UPS'd (if you need smaller pieces.)

-ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

anaisdog

thanks ken, he said he had done a google search but apparently, not a very good one

KWKloeber

becki

that can be a common malady, depending on how general or how specific one gets in the search terms! 
sometimes I start very general (overwhelmed in hits) and then systematically add/remove very specific qualifers till I find what I want (like a lumber yard right in detroit) -- and other times take just the opposite approach.

Hey did you see my email a couple weeks ago?

-k
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

anaisdog

Ron Hill

Becki : The problem on the older boats when replacing the Teak/Holley flooring is in with the thickness.  The older boats have a "pan" in the floor that the T/H sets in.  That T/H was 3/8" thickness.

Most of the new T/H on the market is in metric thicknesses - so be careful with your selection!!

Personally, I'd go for the artificial T/H flooring.  Much less maintenance!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

sselinger

Ron, or anyone else, and recommendations on the synthetic teak and holly flooring?
Steve Selinger
Aquila #1047

Roc

Hey, for what it's worth, this would be very inexpensive and easy to install.  Comes in "teak" color.  I have this in my house (powder room bath), that was remodeled in a nautical motif.  Floor looks like real teak and a breeze to install.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/TrafficMASTER-Allure-6-in-x-36-in-Teak-Luxury-Vinyl-Plank-Flooring-24-sq-ft-case-53712/100609202

Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

anaisdog

thanks.  i didn't know that existed!

womble

I just installed Lonseal's Teak and Holly on 2 boats. It's really nice stuff and is the vinyl now used by Catalina.

Cheapest place is www.ameriteakstore.com. Free shipping over $300. This stuff is really heavy duty and I was barely able to move my 2-boat order by myself until I cut it.

It comes on a roll 6ft wide and unlimited whole-feet lengths.

They will send you free samples to look at.

Everyone is really impressed with how nice it looks.

Roland Gendreau

Womble,

Can you tell me about how many lineal feet was required to do a complete C34 teak and holly replacement?  Also , how did you secure the flooring to the boat?

Thanks
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI