FYI - West Marine 1-Day sale 50% off Ancor Wire today

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Shreeves

Knowing how many of us are DIY, I wanted to share this
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

Fred Koehlmann

It's such a pain that they left Canada.

He thinks to himself..."Hmm, wonder what the duty and freight would be on a 100' spool".
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine

Jon W

As an FYI - in case you miss this sale, genuinedealz.com everyday price for marine wire is within a couple dollars of this 50% West Marine sale price. It is a different brand but is good quality tinned, stranded, marine grade. They also have good prices on other wiring stuff and quick turnaround on orders.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Bill Shreeves

Quote from: Jon W on July 18, 2018, 12:25:28 PM
As an FYI - in case you miss this sale, genuinedealz.com everyday price for marine wire is within a couple dollars of this 50% West Marine sale price. It is a different brand but is good quality tinned, stranded, marine grade. They also have good prices on other wiring stuff and quick turnaround on orders.

Thanks for the link Jon, they're good prices.  I don't see a brand for the heat shrink butt connectors.  Any experience with them to share?
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

Jon W

I've purchased adhesive lined heat shrink ring connectors, and butt connectors for various gauge wire. They shrink evenly and the adhesive flows well. I'm confident they will last a long time. Remember Ken K. on this forum also sells good stuff at good prices. Another website a pro I talked to a while ago uses is delcity.net (I think). I haven't bought anything from them but they also have very good prices.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

mainesail

MarineHowTo.com also Ancor battery wire at very competitive prices. :wink:
https://shop.marinehowto.com/t/wire
-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

https://marinehowto.com/