Updated: Hatch Screech-free Strip installation comment

Previous topic - Next topic

mholzmann

After a year of selling these strips and more than 83 sets delivered I want to share some feedback from purchasers.  By and large the strips are a tremendous success.  I have only received a couple responses where the strips didn't work.  There has been more than a couple comments about the strips tangling inside the track, making it difficult to remove them without some disassembly of the hatch.  While this has happened a very few times, and mine are "free floating." I am recommending screwing the tail end of the strips down as shown in the picture provided by Noah.  I am also recommending searching this forum key words "hatch ate my slider."  Noah posts a great tutorial on the situation!!

Stu Jackson

When I can either figure out how to do it and/or find the time, I'm going to merge these few threads on this very useful topic.  And add links to the 101 [if I haven't already].  What was I supposed to be doing...??? :D :D :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."