C34 MK II Battery Selector Panel LED

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Stone

Hello
Does anyone know what the LED is indicating? Both selector switches are in the off position yet the LED remains on. I do not see any mention of it in the manual.

Thanks
Dale
Dale Stone 2001 C34 II, Hull #1526, Salem Ma

Roc

Your windlass breaker is pulled out and activated.  Push it in (it's pretty hard, need to push hard and hear click).  LED should go off.  I believe Windlass is directly connected to battery.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Dale Stone

Hi
Thanks for the reply. I did check that a few days ago and agree these breakers do not work easy. I can add a little more to the story now.
I was checking my battery terminals and took the negative cable off #2. The LED went out. I touched the cable back on #2 negative and the LED came on. I checked the voltage on the battery and is was less than 11 volts which is weird as I just charged it to full 2 days earlier.

I think #2 battery is dead. #1 battery is fine and full. I'm still puzzled about why the LED stayed on with selector switch off though. I will check the windless breaker again, that could be the reason and maybe the windless is just connected to #2.

Otherwise, it is a mystery.

Thanks
Dale

Dale Stone

Hi Roc
You are correct. The windless does bypass the battery selector switch and is connected to #2 battery. With the breaker pulled out, the LED stays off when #2 battery is connected.
Now the mystery is; why is the windless is draining #2 battery when not operating?

Thanks
Dale