Xantrex 2000 "On" Switch--Help?

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck.Philips

I have a Xantrex 2000 inverter and battery monitor panel.  For the last couple of years, the "Inverter On" soft switch on my touch panel no longer works when I press it to turn the inverter "on"; however, if I pull up the settee cushions--so I can get access to the actual inverter box--I can turn the inverter on by pressing the inverter button on the metal box.  The inverter switch on the panel allows me to turn the inverter "off" by pressing it--just not "on."  Has anyone else had this problem?  I've been wondering about installing in a "bypass switch" of some sort to turn the inverter "on" but would like to hear from my fellow 34 sailors if you think it will work or if it's a lame idea. Any suggestions?

It's a hassle to take the settee cushions off just to use the inverter to fire up the microwave or watch TV.

Thanks

Chuck Philips
Forever Young, C-34 Mk II #1725
Chuck Philips
"Forever Young"
2005 Catalina 34--#1725--Anniversary Edition

Stu Jackson

Check, it might prove difficult at best.  IIRC, the functions from the panel to the I/C are carried in the telephone wire connector.  Have you tried unplugging and plugging the phone line at each end?  Consider a new phone line?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Chuck.Philips

Stu.

Thanks, I haven't tried testing a new wire.  I had an electrician out a few years ago when it first started acting up and he attached a different panel to test it and the inverter would turn on and off with the other panel.  Unfortunately, that panel didn't have any of the other monitoring functions so I was not interested in purchasing it.  I'll try switching phone wires, though I am not real hopeful that will make the difference...can't hurt to try it though.
Chuck Philips
"Forever Young"
2005 Catalina 34--#1725--Anniversary Edition

Ron Hill

Chuck : I've sent an item back to Xantrex for repair in the past. Thry gave me a quick turnaround.
So If a new wire doesn't solve the problem - that may be the solution.  Sending the battery panel back won't put you out of business, but it'll make life alot easier!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788