Interior teak stain color matching

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Gendreau

I have searched the site for this but have not found good results. I am refinishing the teak trim around the head countertop and am trying to find a wood stain that will match the rest of the interior trim.  I see some posts that Minwax red oak matches the Mk1 interior but I need a stain that matches the interior of my MK 1.5.

Thanks!
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

Roland Gendreau

I will answer my own question to close this thread out.   I don't need to apply any stain to the stripped head countertop teak trim to match the existing wood.  A clear coating of varnish or poly is all that is needed.
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

WTunnessen

The I posted a picture in this thread that shows some old teak vs new refinished.
http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,9863.0.html

Gaulois #579 C34 Tall Rig - CYC West River, MD

Roland Gendreau

Thank you/  I ended up finishing the new and old (sanded bare) teak along the head counter top with semi gloss poly.  The match is good.   The picture shows the new sink and shower/faucet also installed.  I had to fabricate some matching  teak molding as it appears it is Catalina custom.  I have some left over if anyone needs a piece.
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

Ron Hill

Rolanr : Because it's inside and no sun UV, I cleaned the teak and used 2 Cetal dark coats and then a clear Cetal top coat.

Been lasting for 20+ years.

A thought

Ron, Apache #788