Universal M25 XP Engine Mounts

Previous topic - Next topic

jlwoodard

I am looking to replace all four mounts.  Westerbeke has them for $152 each.  Anyone out there know of another dealer that may have a lower cost?

jlwoodard

Westerbeke has them for $152.  Anyone have an alternate source?

Dave Spencer

One source is listed in the Tech Wiki.  Vetus K50 mounts.  Not sure about the price but $152 each sound way too high.  I have an M35AC engine and I haven't changed my mounts so I have no first hand knowledge of this.  http://c34.org/wikiwp/?rdp_we_resource=http%3A%2F%2Fc34.org%2Fwiki%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DChanging_Engine_Mounts

It looks like you have multiple posts on the same subject.  As the original poster, you can delete the extraneous posts by clicking "remove" in the upper rh corner, or if you don't, I'm sure one of the forum administrators will delete them for you.

Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

KWKloeber

JL,

The conventional wisdom for the M-25/XP is to replace the OEM isolators with Vetus K75 mounts.  I have a handful of C-30 customers who I sold them to and ALL are happy with them.

PM or email me off list if instead, you want the Westerbeke mounts -- I can do a little better than OEM list; but it's not the mounts that I recommend.

cheers
Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

WTunnessen

I used the Vetus mounts and changed all four without pulling the engine. Do a search on engine mounts and you will see discussions on removing them one at time. There is also a discussion on which size to use. I bought mine at Defender.com.
Gaulois #579 C34 Tall Rig - CYC West River, MD

KWKloeber

Vetus K50 mounts. 

JL,

The conventional wisdom seems to be K75 mounts.  My diesel distributor (and a former Westerbeke dealer) says the K50s are a little too light for the M25/XP.   I have a handful of C-30 customers who I sold K75s to and ALL are happy with them (so far) as far as ending any vibration problems (seems to be prevalent in the C30 cockpit.)

PM or email me off list if instead, you want the Westerbeke mounts -- I can do a little better than OEM list; but it's not the mounts that I would recommend.

Cheers,
Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Stu Jackson

FYI, I've eliminated the duplicates and merged the topics into one thread.

As Ken says, the V75 seem to be the successful choice for our engines over the course of many, many years.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

jlw : There's a TON of information out there on replacement engine mounts for you M25XP .  Look in WiKi and the Mainsheet tech notes.  This also include the methods of how to replace them with out removing the engine from the boat.

The information is there for your reading!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

sailr4

The Vetus K75's are on sale at Defender for $52 each.  I used the K50's all around and had super results.  Of course this was only one season of use, so time will tell.

Rob
Rob Fowler,1989 C34 #889 Tall/Wing, M25XP - No Worries, Coronado, CA

I'd rather be in a boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Ron Hill

Guys :  Not to kick a dead horse, but I started out with all K50s and then changed to K75s on the rear mounts.  All was well then!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Jim Brener

What ever you buy, be sure the lug holes are the same position as what you are removing.  You can buy direct from Vetus, prices  on their web site.  My K50s need replacing, will look into K75 per Ron's suggestion.  With a heavy timber on top of the companionway, a come a long and a sling, you can raise the engine to replace the mounts with out removing the exhaust riser.
Jim Brener
Wind Spirit  1987  #504

KWKloeber

Quote from: Jim Brener on March 24, 2018, 11:15:26 AM

You can buy direct from Vetus

Actually, Vetus doesn't sell retail. 
In the spirit of transparency and accuracy, what you have is a Vetus dealer who has cleverly disguised a website to make it look like it is "Vetus."  Another company name and the website was created to make it appear as though it is "Vetus," but it is not.

Truth in advertising

k