We have booked our Flight and Hotel.

Hope Catalina has a good turnout.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Jim Hardesty

Good for you.  I'm such a procrastinator and end up staying out by the airport.  Really not too bad.  What hotel are you using?
Hay! Got to use the snowblower again.

Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Ben H.

I'll probably drive down and stay at a friends again.

Might some of us be meeting up while down there?
Ben H.
"Happy Camper"
1989 C34 Mk I #886
Std. Rig, Wing Keel, M25XP Engine
Boat - Westport, Connecticut

britinusa

We really know the area, so any suggestions for a meeting place would be welcome.
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

Phil Spicer

We always stay near the airport so we are near G & M for the BEST crab cakes.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

britinusa

Quote from: britinusa on March 18, 2018, 03:33:48 PM
We really know the area, so any suggestions for a meeting place would be welcome.

That should have read 'We really - DON'T - know the area! Duh.
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

Stu Jackson

Quote from: britinusa on March 19, 2018, 11:13:21 AM
Quote from: britinusa on March 18, 2018, 03:33:48 PM

That should have read 'We really - DON'T - know the area! Duh.

Are you aware of the "Modify" link in each post?  Easy to change or correct an earlier post.

Have fun, fun, fun at the show.  I've found meeting new folks is more than half the fun.  I also took to giving them my wallet for safekeeping.  :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

KWKloeber

<<<<Are you aware of the "Modify" link in each post?  Easy to change or correct an earlier post.>>>

Just FWIW tho, modified posts are not reblasted, so one has to have a reason to go back and read a prior post (maybe buried down the line) in order to even know that a change was made.  Easy to miss it.  Only by doing a new post are members notified that a change was made. But, whatever works for each.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Stu Jackson

One of the reasons Maine Sail has not participated on Cruisers Forum is that there is a limited time to edit posts, about 30 minutes.  His point was that edits, including spelling and subtle meanings, i.e., nuances, cannot be corrected.  I believe there is great validity to his point of view.  I was merely asking Paul if he knew about the feature.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Ken Juul

Catalina usually throws a wine and beer party on Saturday night.  Great time to meet Sharon Day and her husband and Gerry Douglas.  If Frank Butler is healthy enough he may show up too.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

britinusa

Quote from: Stu Jackson on March 19, 2018, 08:49:24 PM
One of the reasons Maine Sail has not participated on Cruisers Forum is that there is a limited time to edit posts, about 30 minutes.  His point was that edits, including spelling and subtle meanings, i.e., nuances, cannot be corrected.  I believe there is great validity to his point of view.  I was merely asking Paul if he knew about the feature.

Yes, I know about the modify post option and Ken was also on target that I knew that the correction would be noticed if I posted it rather than a correction.

I tri to tipe thing properlly normality.

:D
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

Bill Shreeves

QuoteCatalina usually throws a wine and beer party on Saturday night

Ken,
Is the wine and beer party for the public at the show?
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

Stu Jackson

Yes, Bill, always has been.  "It's a tradition, Cynthia."  [A family quote of ours...:D]

Ken Juul

I think the party is supposed to be Catalina owners only.  But they don't have a list and never check.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

britinusa

Quote from: Ken Juul on March 22, 2018, 06:39:01 AM
I think the party is supposed to be Catalina owners only.  But they don't have a list and never check.

I think we qualify  :santa
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water