“emergency combine” switch and ACR in one ?

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcZ

I'm in the middle of electrical upgrade and found interesting product from BlueSea:  Automatic Charging Relay ML-ACR 7620 and 7622.
Is there any reason why either one should not be used as an "emergency combine" switch and ACR in one ?
93 C34 Mk 1.5 #1258 TR WK M35
Upper Chesapeake

Stu Jackson

Quote from: MarcZ on February 27, 2018, 07:21:48 PM>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Is there any reason why either one should not be used as an "emergency combine" switch and ACR in one ?

Why would you want to do an "emergency combine?"
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

MarcZ

Emergency "combine" is not ideal description possibly redirect would be better

In scenarios where you have house or reserve/engine bank failures 

For example:

House - failed

House: OFF
Reserve: ON
ACR: ON

Engine and panel are powered from reserve

Upper Chesapeake

mainesail

Other than expense, no issues at all but you'd want the ML-ACR 7622 not the 7620. The 7620 does not have a manual override switch like the 7622..

The ML-ACR is an amazing product that can be used manually, remotely and in automatic mode. The only drawback is price. I use the ML-Battery switches on many boats as well as the ML-ACR. It's a wonderful product for getting more power to a windlass or thruster bank too.
-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

https://marinehowto.com/

MarcZ

After closer look I realized that it would not be possible to switch 7620 to ON with dead House bank (connected to always ON bus) 

ML-ACR 7622 is the only valid option for 2-in-one setup posted above.

Price -  not that far apart from any regular ACR +  separate manual "combine switch"

Upper Chesapeake