Thermostat source

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

Gregory,

Yep, same Tstat for the 25/XP/XPA; 35/A; 3-20/A; and 4-30. 

And yes the 35/A were built on the V1200 block, and the 35B the V1305 block.

cheers,
ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Gregory M

Gregory, "Luna Rossa", #1063, 1990, T.Rig Mk 1.5, fin keel. Universal M 35,  Rocna 15,
Penetanguishene ON.

Stu Jackson

Quote from: KWKloeber on March 19, 2018, 06:15:19 PM

Fake news!

No need to be rude.

I did spend the time to go find the link.

Thanks for the update.

Not unusual for vendors to change part numbers.  Ron Hill advised us that a filter number had changed, and then a decade later changed again.  Back to the original number!!!

Golly...
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

KWKloeber

Ok it's on the wiki with the upside that now so it can to be updated in one place by anyone. 
That's the downside of posting info that changes on the forum -- there is no mechanism to keep it updated unless you are the original author of the post and can edit it -- so bad or outdated info lives on and on...

http://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Diesel_Engine#Cooling

k
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Jon W

Do you have the PN for the Oberdorfer N202M-15, or 16 impeller and gasket? Thanks for the help.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

KWKloeber

Quote from: Jon W on March 20, 2018, 10:07:10 AM
Do you have the PN for the Oberdorfer N202M-15, or 16 impeller and gasket? Thanks for the help.

I'm lookin at 3 of them.  How many do you need.
Impeller 6593
Are you talking about the mounting gasket or the cover o ring 9797-043B ??

Don't let Depco sell you the "kit" they jack up the cost with parts you don't use.

K

Jon W

Do they have a shelf life? I'm putting together my spare parts on the boat so was thinking about the pump to engine gasket, the pump cover o-ring(?), and impeller for an Oberdorfer N202M-15/16.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

KWKloeber

Just keep them out of UV and high heat.
It wouldn't hurt a new one to have it 2-3 years as a spare.

Initially on new pumps I say (2) impeller spares,  One for a 1st spare, and the other for a Murphy spare. 
At the 1st impeller change, the newest removed (if it's not missing vanes!) becomes the Murphy spare and they move up one slot.  That way each year you buy one new impeller and you maintain 2 spares aboard. 
1 or 2 gaskets/o rings are good for backups.

k

sailr4

Quote from: KWKloeber on March 19, 2018, 01:03:44 PM
Yep,that's less than Kubota dealer retail.

Did it have the temp stamped on it?
Did it have the bypass hole drilled in the flange?

k

Ken -

Yes, it is stamped 71C. It has one tiny hole in it. So I made it 1/8" and drilled a second.

Thanks.
Rob Fowler,1989 C34 #889 Tall/Wing, M25XP - No Worries, Coronado, CA

I'd rather be in a boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.