Kubota / Universal Injector parts Numbers & Engine Block Equivalents

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

May have bbeen covered in one of Ron Hill's Tech Notes, but for your information:

Question:

I have an M25 Universal and believe it is a D850 Kabota. I have the Universal manuals and know the Universal Part Numbers for the fuel injectors I am looking to replace. When I call various Kabota dealers they won't help unless I know the Kabota part numbers. The Universal numbers are 298787 and 298788. Can anyone help?

Answer:  

The injectors are Nippon Denso injectors, i.e., not made by Kubota. The number on the ones I removed was 093500-1560 (the ones I installed are -1570 - I don't know what the difference is).

The reason for two different Universal P/Ns is a banjo nut for the fuel return with either one or two nipples. No matter, since this part won't come with the new Denso injectos, just use the old ones over again.

Universal price is about $200. Rebuild cost quoted locally is $84.00. I bought my replacements for $73.00, LESS than the cost of rebuilding the old ones! Search the web.

Stu

(flagrantly stolen from another source)
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stu Jackson

DUE CREDIT

In my original posting of this note, I failed to give credit where credit is due.

The original message was posted:  Injector part numbers
Submitted by John Visser of Westport on 06/24 at 12:25PM regarding General_interest
on catalinaowners.com

John has a C36, and is very active and authoritative in the technical aspects of the material that shows on that website, and has been known to be "lurking" around here! :)

We look forward to his input.

Stu

PS (10-10-08)  Do a search on Livermore, lists Kubota dealers and other threads on this topic.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

karista

For information purposes, please note the following Universal/Kubota engine cross references  (Kubota equivalent):

Universal M-25 is a Kubota Block D-850
Universal M-25XP is Block D-950
Universal M-30 is a Block D-1101&D1102
Universal M4-30 is a Block Y-850
Universal M-35 is a Block V-1200

This should help in finding parts at your local Kubota Dealer.

Bernd Mueller

Roc

I went to a very big Kubota tractor dealer.  This place caters to serious farming equipment.  It is like a new car dealer, but instead of cars, it's filled with gigantic combines, etc.  I gave them the SERIAL number from the Kubota tag I found that is screwed onto the block.  Even with this number, they could not find the equivalent oil filter.  They said I would have to know what Kubota tractor uses that particular diesel, then they would be able to find all the parts based on the TRACTOR model.

Go figure?

Roc-
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Jkar

I see that the M25 and the M25XP have different model number engines.  Are the injectors interchangeable?  Also I am not lucky to have a Kubota dealer local, and am having trouble with Yahoo searches.  Does someone have a number local to them that they could post and I could call and have the injectors overnighted?  thanks, Joel

tandm

Try this link.  The page has a complete list of US dealers.

http://www.kubotaengine.com/kubotadistributors.htm

td
Peregrine #543

Norris Johnson

I have a M-35B. I cross referenced with Fram on-line. The fuel filter is P-7514 and the oil filter is PH-3593A.

When my boat was new, I wrote on my Operators Manual the Kubota tractor with this engine was in the L9200 series. I don't know where I got that from. Sorry about causing more confusion.
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas

Norris Johnson

Thanks Ron for the varifaction.

The Mariposa is in Palacios, Tex. Right in the path of Cladette. Spent all day yesterday getting her ready.
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas

karista

Here are a few Kubota part numbers and prices for your Universal 25XP:
Water pump (Recircul) 15443-73030  $94.35
Gasket, Water Pump    15676-73430   $0.90
Thermostat            15531-73010  $17.57
Gasket, Thermostat    15676-73270   $1.31

These prices are less than half of the Universal prices for the identical parts. I just ordered this kit on-line with a fixed shipping cost of $5.
Bernd Mueller

dprice

Where on-line did you order them from ?

Thanks

karista

eherlihy

Quote from: Stu Jackson on June 24, 2003, 06:18:25 PM
May have bbeen covered in one of Ron Hill's Tech Notes, but for your information:

Question:

I have an M25 Universal and believe it is a D850 Kabota. I have the Universal manuals and know the Universal Part Numbers for the fuel injectors I am looking to replace. When I call various Kabota dealers they won't help unless I know the Kabota part numbers. The Universal numbers are 298787 and 298788. Can anyone help?

Answer: 

The injectors are Nippon Denso injectors, i.e., not made by Kubota. The number on the ones I removed was 093500-1560 (the ones I installed are -1570 - I don't know what the difference is).

The reason for two different Universal P/Ns is a banjo nut for the fuel return with either one or two nipples. No matter, since this part won't come with the new Denso injectos, just use the old ones over again.

Universal price is about $200. Rebuild cost quoted locally is $84.00. I bought my replacements for $73.00, LESS than the cost of rebuilding the old ones! Search the web.

Stu

(flagrantly stolen from another source)
Stu,

I recently ordered three of the "latest" Kubota part number for the M25; 70000-65400 from my favorite on-line tractor supplier. Yesterday I received my order, and it was three Denso 093500-1570 fuel injector nozzles. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they included the "eye-joint," which gathers fuel for the fuel return line.

I had bought an inexpensive (~$100) "pop-tester" from eBay several years ago. It worked OK when I first bought it. I tried it about two weeks ago on my old injectors. When I went to use it to test the old injectors the reservoir was cracked and leaking badly, and the pressure gauge would not move AT ALL. You get what you pay for. A decent pop-tester costs about $500.

Before I go through the trouble of installing to test, then removing and painting them and re-installing them, I would like to know if the Denso 093500-1570 injectors that YOU used work ok? Did they require any adjustment?

Thanks in advance!

Ron Hill

Guys : Go to a diesel truck engine repair shop.  They will test your injectors for the pop pressure and spray pattern usually for free!!  They also have the capability to rebuild your injectors - which is usually less that buying new ones!!  I found that rebuilds work just as good a s the new ones!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

eherlihy

Quote from: Ron Hill on July 17, 2022, 11:26:21 AM
Guys : Go to a diesel truck engine repair shop.  They will test your injectors for the pop pressure and spray pattern usually for free!!  They also have the capability to rebuild your injectors - which is usually less that buying new ones!!  I found that rebuilds work just as good a s the new ones!!

A few thoughts

I tried this at the local Kubota dealer two weeks ago. The charge would have been $15 to test 3 injectors. The service manager took my injectors into the shop, where I couldn't follow (insurance regulations - right) and came back a few minutes later with my injectors untested. It seems that they just got a new pop tester, and the fittings on the new machine wouldn't fit my injectors. This struck a chord in my memory; I believe that they told me the same story in 2014 with my old injectors.

Also, FWIW - I paid $85 per injector for the new Denso 093500-1570 injectors.

Ron Hill

eherl : Maybe the Kubota dealer needs $15 per injector to test it, but like I said - go to a diesel truck engine repair and see what they can do for you!! 

Sounds like that Kubota dealer is money hungry!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788