C30 tall rig mast wiring tracing

Previous topic - Next topic

Dnimigon

Our 1979 tall rig needs the mast rewired. We're going to drop the mast soon and ive been trying to trace where the wiring inside goes. It comes from the panel aft to in front of fuel tank area. Then heads forward. From there i lose it. Looked everywhere in bilge area, engine area, at mast base area, up around upper combing area. I've looked near mast post where it meets ceiling, nothing. Antenna ive found running on port side into head area, across at head level to mast post, then into post through small hole, about 3/4 in. I've felt inside hole and found nothing else. Can anyone tell me where Catalina might have ran these wires. We're going to be running all new wiring and I'd like to hook onto old wires to pull new ones through boat area.

DaveBMusik

Dave Burgess
Water Music
1986 C34 Hull #206, Fin Keel
Yanmar 3YM30
Noank, CT

KWKloeber

On my '84 (dinette, not bulkhead table layout) wires exit the compression post thru a hole near the base and are visible inside the fwd saloon seat. 

There's a few active owners with early C30 models, notably Bill Sherman and Max and Neil Dutton on the C30 forum.  Post your question there and I'm sure they have run across the same issue.

Ken #3573
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain