Youtube Video of C34 Survey

Previous topic - Next topic

waterdog

The new owners of Blackdragon released a video on their Youtube channel of the survey process.    You can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebOnRxSY8tI
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Jon W

I watched it last night. You put some very nice features into that boat, the new owners are very lucky. What is sitting above the hanging locker near to the navigation station. Couldn't quite see it in the video.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Noah

The new owners just completed the Baja HaHa. Along with Brad Young's boat,  that makes at least two C34 Mk1s making the trip South season. You're next Jon!
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

waterdog

Quote from: Jon W on November 30, 2017, 02:33:50 PM
I watched it last night. You put some very nice features into that boat, the new owners are very lucky. What is sitting above the hanging locker near to the navigation station. Couldn't quite see it in the video.

Above the nav is a mount for the microwave.   Underneath is a slot for laptop storage accessible from forward.   Far on the port side - divided storage for a half a dozen bottles of wine.    Above wine glass storage.   Nothing but the finest acrylic for Blackdragon.
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

sailaway

Great you tube survey always nice to look at another 34 and see what they have done customize there boat. The trash can idea ok but for us bigger people it might get in the way. Charlie

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Do you know of any 34's that have done the "Bash" back up north? I've done it twice on other peoples boats and it's not too bad if you're not in a hurry and keep an eye on the weather reports and carry extra fuel.
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

scgunner

I enjoyed the video very much, the couple reminded me of my wife and I when we purchased Top Gun. We also were moving up from a '27(Catalina)it seemed like we were buying an aircraft carrier. One thing we did when it came out for the survey though was to put two coats of bottom paint on and kill two birds with one stone.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

KWKloeber

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain