Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

Looks fine to me so far. 8)
Thx Dave
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

David Sanner

You're welcome.

If anyone sees any failed page loads please let me know as I'm having some issues with the database backed but I haven't seen any issues first hand / on the front end here.

I have a ticket open with the hosting site ... we'll see what they say.  So far things seem a bit snappier to me.

Thanks.
David Sanner, #611 1988, "Queimada" San Francisco Bay

Craig Illman

From my historical IT experience, people notice 10% slower, but won't notice 10x faster.  :?

britinusa

Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Dave Spencer

Hi David,
Thanks for taking care of this board.  It's definitely my favourite site by far. 
I had a small issue connecting today.  I'm not sure if it's due to the change you are referring to but I haven't seen this before. Screenshot attached.  I refreshed a couple of times and the page loaded as normal.

Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

David Sanner

Thanks for the feedback Dave.

I'm looking into a work around / fix ... I've hacked a section of the BBS code which caused by a bug I introduced when I switched to non-persistent db connections.

I fixed that bug so we hopefully won't see these pages on the front end... but I'm still getting connection issues on the back end.

KWKloeber

Quote from: britinusa on November 29, 2017, 09:20:41 AM
Looks like nothing changed - good job.

Still have this issue: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,9676.msg73438.html#msg73438

Paul

David

Below are the links that are not showing.  Might be a class issue and need to set the background darker or make the links black.

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Fred Koehlmann

Thanks Dave,

Don't see any issues to date. Thanks for managing the site. I'm on some other Catalina forums and this one is definitely the best from user responses and experience.

FYI:The top two links:
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

...still do not show well (white on gray).
I suspect that a change in the style sheet has caused this. (index.css)
Seems the ".catbg" class has overridden the anchor tag style for those links.
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine

Fred Koehlmann

Sorry, looks like Ken and I clicked at the same time. LOL.
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine

David Sanner

You guys are tough with the details!  ;)

Found the bug (I had to hack the PHP code to get the C34 Home C34 Tech Notes ... links that the top of all the pages) and fix was simple once I found it...

Just added:  </div> above my original mods/hack.

Thanks for pointing that out!

btw, Also upgraded to latest version of SMF last night.

britinusa

Is the graphics upload (auto resize etc.) functional on the new server?

I just tried to add a post with a pic and it declined due to the image size.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

David Sanner

Paul, do you know the size of you image?  You may have bumpd up against the max upload size on the server ... if so I'll need to / hopefully can override.

The resizer plugin is active on this site but it may have it's own issues.   A good test would be a small file size with dimensions that need to be resized for the page.

I'll put it on my list.  Thx

David Sanner

Bill Shreeves

David,
:clap :clap :clap :clap

The site is working very nicely!   Thank you very much for all your efforts.  This is undoubtedly the best site / forum.  It begins with the fabulous site which makes it so very easy for all of us share our experience, knowledge, issues and solutions.

-Bill
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

KWKloeber

David

Just FYI, the email notifications aren't coming thru (to me anyway). 
A bunch of them dropped in all at one time yesterday, but since then the newest posts aren't coming thru.

ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain