Hammock

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulvio

I just found Victor Menasce's Hammock Support entry on the C34 Projects page.  I can only attest to the fact that there really is nothing more pleasant.  I came up with a setup that is identical to his, except that I did not manufacture my own sleeve:  I used ATN's "Tacker" to the same effect.  

Fulvio Casali
Seattle WA
Soliton
#929 (1989)

Mike Smith

Fulvio -

You beat me to it!  I had one made up this past week and was going to try it out over the fourth of July.  Unfortunately the only hammock I could find  was a Pawley's Island style - 13' long - approximately the J measurement of Breezer!  Unless each end was attached way above head height, we were scraping the foredeck.  Even then, the shape was more like a V instead of hoizontal.  I think a shorter hammock will solve the problem.  What ws the length of yours?

Mike and Jan Smith
S/V Breezer
www.mikejansmith.com

Stu Jackson

IT'S A ROUGH LIFE

But we're sure glad that you're doing it.

Have a great time, Fulvio, and keep us posted.

Nice work.

Stu

PS It is "finaly" clear weather in Seattle.  Just in case you're interested........ :rolleyes:
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Fulvio

My hammock is 12.5' LOA.  It's a "brazilian style" hammock, ie you lie diagonally on it, and as a result your back is pretty much straight.  I got it at West Marine.  It seems to be the perfect length for that location.  

BTW, I'm back in Seattle.

Fulvio Casali
Seattle WA
Soliton
#929 (1989)