mystery item

Previous topic - Next topic

mdidomenico

as i progress cleaning through my new to me boat, i've come across an item i can't identify.  i have two identical items as pictured, they're made of pretty thick aluminum with nice welds.  and have a plastic insert with slots.  any ideas?  it's conceivable that they don't go with the boat at all, but were left behind on it by the previous owner.
1989 Cat34 #856, original m-25xp

sselinger

It's the ice cube tray that comes with the A-B refridgerator. Stands vertical in the freezer section.
Steve Selinger
Aquila #1047

Ron Hill

Mdid : Steve's got it right - ice cube trays !!
Ron, Apache #788

mdidomenico

thanks.  if i had unlimited guesses i never would have come up with that.
1989 Cat34 #856, original m-25xp

Noah

They are expensive, too! About $70-$90 each, depending on your source!
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

scgunner

The PO probably like me didn't use them because they take up to much room in the freezer, what I do for ice is use a freezer bag and fill it with crushed ice, that way you can freeze as much ice as you want and shape the bag to accommodate other items you want in the freezer. 
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Craig Illman

I have a pair if someone needs to buy some. Make me an offer.

Sue Clancy

You can sell these on eBay in about 5 minutes. I sold a set last year for a friend for about $70 a pair. High demand for these.
Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

Craig Illman

Sue - Thanks! I'll give that a go. I need to clean up my collection of boat junk in the garage.

Craig

Sue Clancy

I have had great success purging boat junk/spare parts I didn't need on ebay.  I suggest for some of these you consider shipping outside of the US.  I have had several items sell to Australia and other more remote places.
Sue and Brian Clancy

scgunner

Sue,

I noticed on your signature your boat is hull #272 built in 1987, my boat is hull #273 built in 1986. How do you suppose they did that?
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Sue Clancy

Kevin,

Per this explanation of the hull numbers http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,9495.msg71130.html#msg71130 my Hull number was CTYP0272G687.  Which indicates it was  built in July of 1986 but considered a 1987 model year.  So, I have referred to it as an 87. 

BTW, I am now a former owner of this boat but still enjoy the conversation here.
Sue and Brian Clancy

scgunner

Sue,

After looking at the link you posted and my HIN and registration it turns out that my boat is an '87 also, who knew. I have corrected my profile to reflect that. I have no idea how I missed that all these years! Maybe because I remember seeing Top Gun sitting at Stan Miller Yachts dock being commissioned for the original owner, that was Oct or Nov of '86, I guess I just assumed it was an '86.
       Sorry to hear you no longer have your boat, I hope it was an amicable separation.

KWKloeber

Quote from: Sue Clancy on October 13, 2017, 09:07:22 AM
Kevin,

Per this explanation of the hull numbers it was  built in July of 1986 but considered a 1987 model year. 

And if it had of been built on August 1, 86, it would be a 1988 model!
BYW, there has been a proposal to flip date to March, which the manufacturers have lobbied for and the USCG has no problem changing to, but it's tied to a bill that Congress doesn't need to/care to act on, so it just sits there.

k
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain