Replacing Adler Barbour refrigeration

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugh17

Stu,
I appreciate the suggestion on not drilling holes and possibly insulating from the inside. Do you have any suggestions on how or what product to use for an inside the box insulation?
James H. Newsome
s/v CaiLeigh Anna
Catalina 34 MKI Hull #299
Universal M25

Hugh17

Quote from: DaveBMusik on August 20, 2017, 09:58:16 AM
Regarding insulation, I removed the drawer unit, removed the ineffective sheets of styrofoam and was able to spray insulation on the forward wall, bottom and wall closest to drawer unit.  I would guess that I doubled the efficiency. There is very little space to insulate between the stove if any. I'm not sure about the hull side.
After much investigation, I used a product called versi-foam http://www.rhhfoamsystems.com/standard.php. The smallest kit was just enough for what I did.

Dave

Dave,
With the drawer unit removed, are the actual walls of the icebox exposed, or is there a second wall? I've not examined it closely so I was assuming there was a double wall with a dead space between. I appreciate the recommendation. I'm looking for easiest/best way to complete the project.
Thanks!
James H. Newsome
s/v CaiLeigh Anna
Catalina 34 MKI Hull #299
Universal M25

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Hugh17 on August 20, 2017, 03:12:34 PM
Stu,
I appreciate the suggestion on not drilling holes and possibly insulating from the inside. Do you have any suggestions on how or what product to use for an inside the box insulation?

It's like peanut butter:  how many varieties???

This 101 Topic has a link to Kollmann's website, IIRC he has a long discussion about it:

Fridges 101 (Adler Barbour Repairs & Troubleshooting from Richard Kollmann)

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,6956.0.html
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."