Galley Sink Drain Plumbing

Previous topic - Next topic

britinusa

Stu wrote this in another thread regarding water heater replacement.

Quote from: Stu Jackson on August 06, 2017, 06:10:48 PM
Don't know if you've seen this:

http://c34.org/hot-water-heater-plumbing-galley-sink-drain-replacement/

Same screw issues.  Looooong screwdriver worked.

That link goes to a tech article that Stu wrote a while ago showing how he replaced the Galley Sink Drain plumbing - one our 'Gotta Do' items as ours frequently drains into the cutlery draw beneath the Galley Sinks.

But our's has an additional hose in the drain system. That hose is T'd into the Drain hose and has a Rubber stopper in the other end. It appears to be for a Grey Water Tank, but I don't see how any sized tank could fit under the Sinks or under the 3 Drawer unit.

Does anyone else have a grey water tank?

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Stu Jackson

Paul, I'll betcha it is for the ice box drain.  There is/are NO grey (gray!) water tanks on our boats.  Most of us have simply plugged that box drain.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

britinusa

Ah Ha! Good point Stu.

The 'Ice Box' (ours is a Fridge Freezer that keeps my Crunchy Klondike Bars Solid  :D ) drain has been blocked off by a PO.

Thanks.

Paul
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

mholzmann

Quote from: britinusa on August 09, 2017, 01:23:07 PM
Ah Ha! Good point Stu.

The 'Ice Box' (ours is a Fridge Freezer that keeps my Crunchy Klondike Bars Solid  :D ) drain has been blocked off by a PO.

Thanks.

Paul

Can you elaborate on Fridge Freezer?  I want Crunchy Klondike Bars!

Ron Hill

Paul : I "re-teed" the fridge pump into the salt water outlet in the middle of the sink.  That way the sink drain was only used for the 2 sinks.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

britinusa

Quote from: mholzmann on August 09, 2017, 02:24:12 PM
Quote from: britinusa on August 09, 2017, 01:23:07 PM
Ah Ha! Good point Stu.

Thanks.

Paul
It's a regular Alder Barbour Fridge Freezer Unit (at least I think it's a 'regular' unit  :D )

Can you elaborate on Fridge Freezer?  I want Crunchy Klondike Bars!
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water