Previous topic - Next topic

rjhayden

We have a 88 cat 34 #708.
our refrigerator died.
I think a replacement is due.
Has anyone swapped out the old.
what one did you buy?

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

rjhay: The easiest is to replace the older Adler Baubour with a new one - that's not rocket surgery!!

Look at Stu's site and then decide.

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

pablosgirl

We just replaced our AB fridge with a new one.  We bought it through defender.  The install was easy since the systems were so similar that all but two of the mounting holes for the compressor lined up.  They changed what side the refrigant line couplers are on and thus the mounting holes on that end were flipped in respect to the old one.  the holes for the evaporator and the thermostat lined up perfectly.  Whole remove and replace took 5 hours.  Works like a dream now.  The evaporator even came with two new vertical ice trays!  It has been in about a month with now issues what so ever.  In our setup the compressor is under the forward sette seat.
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP

Noah

Good to hear! A bit tougher install (on the body) in the aft lazerette but good to hear for my future anyway.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Brad Young

On DarBay, around 7 years ago, we replaced  the AB unit a technautics Cold Blue cold Plate. We are very happy with it.
Brad Young
Boat
Year 1986
Model C34
Hull# 84

Noah

Thx for info Brad. Technautics Cool Blue is made here locally in San Diego, I will check them out for my future replacement
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Brad Young

Back when we got the Cold Blue (cold Plate ). It consumed about 1/2 the power of the AB. Not sure if they are more compatible now days.

Brad Young
Boat
Year 1986
Model C34
Hull# 84