Companionway Screeching New stocked Available

Previous topic - Next topic

pablosgirl

Hi Mark,

Just used your PayPal Link to order a set, hope you have a set left.  They seem to be selling like hot cakes!

Thanks,
Paul
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP

pablosgirl

Hi Mark,

I see that you refunded my paypal account.  This must mean that you don't have any more strips?  Are you going to process another sheet?  If not, where did you purchase the sheet?  I still want to eliminate my screeching hatch.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP

Noah

There is a fly in the ointment. The strangest (and most frustrating) thing happened. Yesterday, my hatch didn't feel right opening and upon close observation it appeared my port side "new" glide strip was gone??!? Upon more exploration I discovered it wasn't "gone" but had it flipped 90 degrees to vertical and slid between the curve of the hatch and the hood. Can't imagine how or when this occurred... But,  I have been fighting with all manner of homemade tools (including a stiff welding rod bent with a right angle hook sharp ground point) to stab it and pull it out, with no success. I am trying to avoid having to remove my highly varnished and bunged teak hatch hold down assembly... but may have to in order to retrieve the displaced plastic glide. I am going to try to remove the aft facing athwartship teak trim first, and see if it gives me enough clearance to I maneuver some super long needle nose pliers to grab it . The "message" in all of this is I recommend if you have these new plastic slider guides, put a screw in the aft end of each to ensure they can't flip out of the track and go vertical on you. I will keep you posted on my fight to rectify this weird turn of events. It's always something....
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

mholzmann

I have a new supply of Screech Free strips.  Let me know if I can help solve your hatch screeching problems!!

britinusa

Ok, Add me to the list of satisfied users of Mark's UHMV strips!

While out on the boat over the 4th, I cleaned up the track where the cabin top slide slides, I did not remove the sliding top!

Then I slid the strips forwards beneath the sliding top, drilled a hole about 3/4" from the aft end of the track, counter sunk the strip and put in a 5/16" SS screw.

Admiral is no longer a prisoner of the cabin if I'm away from the boat.

We can open the cabin top with just one finger! And NO SCREECHING! Just a smooth glide as the top opens.

THANK YOU MARK! One of the easiest, if not the easiest $15 project I have ever done on a boat.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Noah

Good on ya Paul for screwing them down. Here was my fix when my slide strip got displaced.
http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=9920.0
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

David Comando

I'd like to join the ranks of satisfied customers. Kindred Spirit , hull#55 deserves it.

Dave Comando
7015 Bridge Lane
Cutchogue, NY

Pay Pal will be sent after I post this.
Thanks!
David Comando, 1987 Kindred Spirit, Hull# 55 sailing the waters of Eastern Long Island, and to other points in the Northeast.

Bobg

I agree with Noah, my starboard strip disappeared, finally got it out and it was shaped like a accordion, going have to screw it down, I don't think the hatch slide goes all the way to the closed end so not sure if it has to be countersunk. 
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands