Companionway Screeching New stocked Available

Previous topic - Next topic

mholzmann

Glad to hear they solved the problem.  Moving in the channel may be of some benefit.  Some have had success with just a little butyl tape on the end.  Try it before drilling.   8) 8)

Ron Hill

Guys : In the edition (May 2017) of Handyman magazine - they talk about "Smoother Drawer Runners".
By using MELAMINE tape that comes in rolls. It's found in Home centers and Woodworking shops or on line  @ fastcap.com.

I'm sure it is a lot cheaper than anything from Catalina or CD!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Quote from: Ron Hill on August 07, 2017, 12:29:44 PM

By using MELAMINE tape that comes in rolls. It's found in Home centers and Woodworking shops or on line  @ fastcap.com.

Ron is that the stuff I've seen that is preglued and iron-on?
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

anon

Thank you Mark. I have received my set and will fit them soon I hope.
Very kind of you.
"ALBION"
HULL #369
M25XP

chuck53

It's been suggested to flush out the channels first.  I don't have any drainage holes on mine so how can I clean them out?

mholzmann

Quite a few have asked me for the strips so I cut another 22 sets.  These work great!

www.paypal.me/markholzmann/15

mark_53

Quote from: chuck53 on August 08, 2017, 06:43:36 PM
It's been suggested to flush out the channels first.  I don't have any drainage holes on mine so how can I clean them out?

A coat hanger with a wet rag tied on?

Ron Hill

Ken : Could be the pre-glued or iron on, but I have a roll of the same 3" wide X 10' (can be cut) that's about 1/32" thick (stiff) sticky-back that I got from Woodwookers Supply catalog # 813784    (800) 645-9292

Don't remember the price, but would guess at about $10/20?  Super slippery stuff for table saws

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

chuck53

Quote from: mark_53 on August 10, 2017, 05:23:57 PM

Good suggestion, but shouldn't the boat have some kind of drainage and what's the best way to add some kind of drainage to the channels?

Stu Jackson

Quote from: chuck53 on August 12, 2017, 06:07:50 AM

Good suggestion, but shouldn't the boat have some kind of drainage and what's the best way to add some kind of drainage to the channels?

There should be drainage holes/slots on the forward and aft outer edges of the teak hatch board slider covers.  (or fMark I to I-1/2 boats)
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

mark_53

Quote from: chuck53 on August 12, 2017, 06:07:50 AM

I didn't see any drainage holes on my 1989.

mholzmann

On the C36  92 and older water drains directly aft to the cockpit. In 93 and later in the MkII the water is diverted to the cabin top. I believe on the 34 it's the same.

Stu Jackson

Quote from: mholzmann on August 13, 2017, 12:02:22 PM
On the C36  92 and older water drains directly aft to the cockpit. In 93 and later in the MkII the water is diverted to the cabin top. I believe on the 34 it's the same.

Nope.  I have two slits on the sides of each wooden hatch holder.  When I flush the channels, water comes out these slits.  I had posted a photo years ago of this, haven't been able to find it, yet...
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Stu Jackson

Ron Hill

Stu : That's the same stuff that I mentioned in the Handyman magazine post above!!
Ron, Apache #788