Raritan PH Superflush Head

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave DeAre

I just replaced a Headmate 1460 with a Raritan Superflush head in my 2002 MKll. Installation was not difficult, but some alterations had to be made, including: None of the mounting holes lined up so I had to drill 4 new holes, the Raritan covered the original holes completely and there was solid plywood where I had to drill. Only the waste hose was long enough to reuse, so I needed 12 ft. of new water hose to complete.

Seems to work very well, a little larger that the Headmate 1460, but the Raritan fits comfortably in the space.
Overdue
2002 34, roller main, tall rig
Burnham Harbor, Chicago

Dave DeAre

I just listed a Headmate 1460 rebuild kit in the C34 for sale forum.
Overdue
Burnham Harbor, Chicago

MarcZ

Looks good but I would suggest using better water hoses....
93 C34 Mk 1.5 #1258 TR WK M35
Upper Chesapeake

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

And don't forget that vented loop in the water supply.
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Stu Jackson

Between the pump and the bowl, NOT on the incoming supply.  Repeated repeatedly with necessity because...well...it's in every single manufacturer's literature and skippers still get it wrong.  :cry4`
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

KWKloeber

Quote from: MarcZ on July 25, 2017, 05:56:58 PM
Looks good but I would suggest using better water hoses....

Are they reinforced vinyl or....? not.

Ok, I don't understand a vent.  I can see one between the poop hose and a direct discharge (70s Catalinas were set up that way.)  But why between the pump and bowl?   

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Dave DeAre

My installation has the vented loop, from the pump to the bowl, exactly as originally installed by Catalina. The hoses are inside the head wall, accessed by the toilet paper door. This is the original set up for the updated MKll.
Overdue
Burnham Harbor, Chicago

MarcZ

Reasons for using a vented loop and loop location :
1) Can't be placed between supply and pump because during pumping  there is a suction (normal operation)
2) Bowl is below the water line and if pump fails in "open state" water will overflow (assuming open seacock and enough water in the system)
3) There is no "suction"  between the pump and bowl during normal operation and this makes it a good location

93 C34 Mk 1.5 #1258 TR WK M35
Upper Chesapeake