Red Mode Night Mode on iPad

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Mick Laver

I saw this too and thought it was pretty slick. Unfortunately, of the three Accessibility options Colour Filters, Reduce White Point and Invert Colours only the last one is available on older iPads. I have an iPad 3 that goes up to iOS 9.3.5, and the other two options only seem to be available in iOS 10x. Even so, the "Invert Colors" is pretty nice for applications that don't offer a night mode.

Mick and Sherrie Laver
CINNAMON
1999 C34 Mk II #1432
San Diego, CA

KWKloeber

Quote from: Stu Jackson on July 25, 2017, 07:02:06 AM
This might be of interest to those using tablets for navigation:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2439986#post2439986

VERY cool,  I saw the issue in the post about the "reverse colors" on the iPhone.

On my 6S I switched ON both TINT and REVERSE, and but then adjusted the TINT HUE --

I can get a "dirty RED," not a "PURE RED," BUT it does have reversed (white text) (although I tried it on only my email apps.)

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain