Holding Tank/Pumpout

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic Suben

vsuben@optonline.net

I recently purchased a 1987 Catalina 34, and sailed her from Stonington, CT to Port Jefferson, NY.  I now want to pump out the holding tank.  In the boat, and according to the manual there are two through-hull fittings and seacocks associated with the holding tank.  One seacock is right next to the macerator at the aft end of the tank.  The other seacock is at the forward end of the tank.  

I would like to know if it's necessary to close both these seacocks when pumping out at a pumping station.  Also, when using the macerator, should the forward seacock be closed?

Thanks,

Vic Suben

Ted Pounds

Vic,

I too have a 1987,  I'm familiar with the macerator seacock aft of the the tank, but I don't know of any seacock forward of the tank :cool:

Ted
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Ken Juul

I second Ted's question about tracking the hoses. If you go to the home page using the link at the top of the page, then select manuals from the menu on the left.  Page 35 shows the original location of the thru hulls.  It only shows one for the holding tank.  If your owners manual shows 2, then it was probably added be a previous owner.  Does the boat have an Air Conditioner?  If yes, perhaps the forward seacock feeds it.  Welcome to the C-34 club, it is a great boat:)

[This message was edited by Ken & Vicki Juul   #1090  "Luna Loca" on June 30, 2003 at 07:48 AM.]
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA