Hatch Wind Scoop Decision

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewitt1

Hello fellow 34'ers:

After this weekend and baking in the entire boat Sat night at Nicolet Bay in Door County I looked with envey thoughts of pillaging a couple fellow sailers crossed my mind as I saw their boats with these wind scoops in their forward hatches.

Which one is better?

Plastimo Hatch Scoop......more $$$

Windscoop be Davis......

I look forward you any owner comments

Steve

Visit us at www.ocontoyachtclub.com

n624ma

Check out the Breeze Booster, a bit pricey, but it installs and removes in seconds and brings a lot of air into the forward hatch. We have had one for several years and two boats. Worth every penny.
http://www.breezebooster.com/
Joseph Rheubeck

Ron Hill

Steve : I second Joseph's comments.
They also have small ones for the side port windows.

Also the Breeze Booster is "free standing" and does NOT need a halyard to hold it up!!  A thought
Ron, Apache #788

stevewitt1

I looked at their web site and must admit they looked nice, but, without a haylard (nice not needing one) are they vounerable to a gust of wind.  At $100+ I wouldn't want to come back to the boat in the dink and see it gone to Davey Jones locker.

Steve

Kent & Jane Overbeck

Go with the Breeze Booster.  It does an awesome job and can be removed from the inside if the weather goes bad.
Kent

n624ma

Steve,

As for the Breeze Booster taking flight. The second thing that I did was put a 2 foot long 1/8 line on the bar that goes inside the boat, we tie the other end of the line to the hatch knob. (however it has never tried to take flight)

** Very slightly off topic**
Does anybody have a "User Report" on the Breeze Booster Port Ventilators?
Joseph Rheubeck

Ron Hill

GUYs : The wind might come up, but It will collaps and stay on the boat - just as one poster has said.

It's doesn't happen too often, but I have had it collaps and after 10 years I still have the same one!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

rmbrown

I'm sold on the breeze booster hatch ventilator idea, and also planning to try a couple of port ventilators.

Can those of you that use a hatch ventilator on the forward hatch tell me what size you have?  I'm assuming large, but wondered if a medium might be better... not sure how much the thing relies on surrounding fiberglass for support?
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC