Hard pumping head

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Spicer

Jon, thanks for the heads up on checking the empty bowl lever. We had the hard pumping problem. Checked the
lever today, problem solved! Lever was not all the way to the right. A little push to the right and all is well. Do not think the lever ever moved from vibration. Think our problem was a 5 year old grandson. He is all about exploring everything on the boat. Love it when he sails,he is as tall as the wheel so he needs a little help keeping a line. He is happiest calling out " Coming About." Really likes to turn. Straight line sailing ⛵️
isn't as much fun.
Again, thank you Jon, saved me a lot of boat bucks.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

Jon W

Phil you're very welcome, and glad it solved your problem.

Thanks to Alex, I just received my new Raritan Super Flush from Marine Sanitation and Supply. Next week's project. I couldn't pass on that price.

The willingness of so many, from so many different places, to share their experience and thoughts is why this forum is so great.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

waughoo

Jon,

Congrats on your new head!!  It was an easy afternoon project for me.  I used a dremmel sanding drum to enlarge the hole in the bulkhead to fit the slightly deeper head elbow.  Post a picture when you get it set up.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Jon W

Alex, As requested, before and after photos.

The old hole pattern lined up like advertised, but the old head was too close to the FWD bulkhead for the new Raritan to fit so had to move it AFT 1"-1.25". That started a domino of changes. Done now and glad I did it.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

waughoo

Thanks for posting. I was at my boat the other day using mine and wondered if you had gotten yours installed.  Sorry to hear it wasnt just a quick swap.  I mush have just been fortunate with where they mounted the Jabsco the day my boat was built.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte