Pureayre

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon W

Does Pureayre have a shelf life?

Unfortunately I have a macerator pump problem so will need to clean up the unmentionables afterwards.

They only offer a 22 oz which might not be enough and 1 gallon which might be too much.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Noah

Jon- Swear to me the word "macerator" never entered your mind when we arranged to meet at your boat this Friday!  :shock: Soap, water and bleach get my vote.  8)
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Jon W

Never entered my mind because PO installed new pump/motor, and hoses. Noticed drips yesterday. Great
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

Stu Jackson

Jon, consider sending a pm to Peggie
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

rmbrown

I'd like to know as well since I bought a gallon. :)
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

MarcZ

I actually asked her the same question last October, and answer was something like - it depends where that shelf is (temperature).
1-2y should be fine in normal home environment.
93 C34 Mk 1.5 #1258 TR WK M35
Upper Chesapeake

Jon W

Thanks Marc. Maybe soap, water, and bleach are worth trying first.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

rmbrown

My understanding from all my reading about bilge funk is that the pureayre isn't for cleaning... it's for application to an already clean surface to get rid of residual odor.  I hope so.  I've scrubbed my bilge, then bleached the heck out of it, rinsed it out and let it sit a week.  If this week it still seams clean, I'll spray it in the bilge and let it dry.

I'm having my cushions cleaned and I'll spray it on those as well.

I plan to clean all surfaces inside the boat before putting the cushions back.

We'll see!
Mike Brown
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

Stu Jackson

Quote from: rmbrown on April 21, 2017, 05:59:14 AM
My understanding from all my reading about bilge funk is that the pureayre isn't for cleaning... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
We'll see!

You're right, it's not a cleaner, but... 

Those who are interested should simply RTFM :D :D :D

http://www.pureayre.com/index.htm
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

rmbrown

You made me go look at the manual... the biggest shocker was that it eliminates the odors of flatulence.  It must be magic!

I also learned that there's a pureayre home and a pureayre marine... and I bought the wrong one assuming there was only a single product.  Anyone have any experience with the former?  Worth sending back and replacing with marine?
Mike Brown
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

MarcZ

Peggie explained me that there is no diff between Marine and Home other than "marine" is more concentrated. (They have versions for marketing purposes)
93 C34 Mk 1.5 #1258 TR WK M35
Upper Chesapeake

rmbrown

Excellent!  I read that it was 30% more concentrated but gathered from the reading that the marine portion was more geared toward gas/diesel and fish... not the fire I'm currently fighting.
Mike Brown
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

Ron Volk

Speaking of Pureayre, just received an email from them this evening regarding their 1st discount of the year.

Rico@ThePureAyreStore
Ron - GOOSE III - Hull 1235 - 1993
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA

rmbrown

Mike,

You can use the Home formula. You will just use more when compared with the Marine and it might take a bit longer for the smell to disappear. The Marine Formula is a great product for strong smells as well as petroleum fumes like gasoline and diesel. So, if you want to purchase more product you might consider the Marine Formula at ThePureAyreStore.com. We currently have a Spring 2017 promotion going on for 25% any package and that includes free shipping anywhere in the continental USA.

Thanks for your question!

Rico@ThePureAyreStore

Mike Brown
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC