Universal M25XP Oil Pan 300131

Previous topic - Next topic

yonar

Does any one know Kubota part number for Universal M25XP Oil Pan 300131. I tried our web site I can not find it. Thank you for your help.
Turk Yonar
1989 C34 Hull # 858
Tradewinds
Long Beach, CA

Dave Spencer

Would this be it?  http://www.c34.org/manuals/KubotaParts-D950.pdf    Page 5.

If not, Ken K is knowledgable in this area and may be able to help.

Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

KWKloeber

Turk

Unfortunately, the manual Dave linked doesn't have the "oil sump" for the XP. 
A little background:

** skip if this is TMI **
It's a common misconception/oftentimes stated that the M-25 and M-XP/XPA are "tractor engines."  Ain't so.  You will see no Kubota tractor that has all the specific (Kb oem) appendages on the engine block that as they are configured on the M-25 and XP/XPA.  One such part is that specific (side dipstick, bottom drain) oil pan. 

It's a common misconception that Universal bought tractor engines and, among other things, modified or switched in it's own oil pan (plugged the port-side dipstick hole, and added the stb-side dipstick tube and shorter dipstick, etc.)  Ain't so.

Kubota has a tractor side and an industrial side, and on the latter, there are parts with slight variations (like our oil pan) that were combined for each particular application (e.g., an industrial generator) or for a particular customer's needs (e.g.,  Universal.)  But of course, universal did add some of it's own (e.g., exhaust manifold, seawater pump (which is where a mechanical hour meter was bolted on.))

I do have a network of kubota parts sources and boneyards (for both new and used) that I can sometimes match up parts.  Used parts are usually 8 or 9 out of 10 condition (like might need repainting from the orange or blue engines.)  Do you need just the pan (rusted out?)?  The dipstick tube?  Do you use the oil drain hose? (for instance, I recently found someone an XP oil pan with a front, not bottom drain plug.)

Feel free to PM or email me off list if you want.

Cheers
Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

yonar

Thank You very much KWKloeber. Yes I do need the pan, the dipstick tube plus gaskets. I do use oil drain hose. My drain hose is in front (Bow) and my dip stick is on starboard side. My oil pan and dipstick tube both rusted. Thank you for your help.
Turk Yonar
1989 C34 Hull # 858
Tradewinds
Long Beach, CA

KWKloeber

Ok I'll see what's around. 

Send me a PM or email thru my profile so I have your info.

When you say in front, you mean on the bottom of the pan, toward the front. 
Or on the front vertical face of the pan?

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

yonar

You are correct on the bottom of the pan, toward the front.
Turk Yonar
1989 C34 Hull # 858
Tradewinds
Long Beach, CA

KWKloeber

Turk

I have some info for you..... I checked with my Westerbeke distributor and the dipstick tube is $388, but apparently no longer available.  the oil pan is $567.  I presume that you already knew that?

One of my Kubota sources does have some "oddball " oil pans. I can't cross reference a p/n because as I said it's not a known tractor part.  But he's going to check the configurations.

He does have a dibstick tube.
There's a small "L" bracket that holds the tube. I presume yours is okay or that you can make one?  Or do you need that also?

Ken

yonar

Ken thank you again for all your help. I will go check the condition of tube bracket. Buy the oil pan see if distributor have any suggestions about dipstick tube replacement.   
Turk Yonar
1989 C34 Hull # 858
Tradewinds
Long Beach, CA

KWKloeber

Turk

I am making some headway, apologies for this taking so long to nail down. 
Apparently there is break in the engine serial numbers and later engines take different oil tubes, brackets, pan and tube gaskets compared to earlier engines.

cheers,
ken

KWKloeber

PMd, emailed, posted.
No reply.
I guess no longer interested/in need.

yonar

Sorry Ken. I sent my email address and info thru PM. Maybe I did not do it right. My Engine Serial No. 50165. email "turkyonar@gmailcom". When I did not see any reply, I thought I must be out of  luck. I just ordered parts thru a dealer but if there is a better deal I am sure I can cancel the order.
Thank you for all your help.
Turk Yonar
1989 C34 Hull # 858
Tradewinds
Long Beach, CA

KWKloeber

Is any (damn lucky) soul within steps of their vessel (and M-25 or XP,) and could assist by measuring the height (approx) of their oil pan?
(Kubota used different size oil pans on the D950 block, and looking to verify the correct depth.)

Thanks,
Ken

Indian Falls

Could you post some pics of the rusted out parts of the oil pan?  This is bound to happen to another C34 and I'd like to see if this something repairable.  I do a lot specialty sheet metal and tubular steel work and it just seems overkill to have to buy a new pan for 500+ boat bucks if this is a restorable defect.  Thanks!
Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?

KWKloeber

Dan

Heer's some typical pix what slight and somewhat rusted pans look like.

Ken

Paulus

I replaced my oil pan casket 2 years ago.  Finally found the invoice and maybe the part # for the casket might help.  This is for the same engine.  Part # UNI 300132
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944