What happened to the LINKS....

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

Russ

Ok, gotcha!

When you are on that page (or any techwiki page you have issues with) click the link to the right of:
Edit this page at the source: (at bottom of the page)

That dumps you out of the Wordpress view, into the MediaWiki view.  There's some issues going on there with WordPress not linking to/displaying the pdf or image files. 

Note that some files are there in both PDF and jpg (or other) formats, you may have to try both to see which gives you a better quality.

cheers,
ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

KWKloeber

David/Sue,

Note that there's an issue (or maybe it's a limitation?) to the WP view linking to wikimedia files pages and displaying those files (image and PDFs) so that they can be downloaded or printed. i usually use the MW version, and not WP pages, so I hadn't noticed whether this happened before any upgrade.

Thanks
Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Sue Clancy

I had corrected this issue with the PDF documents (at least I thought so) but I see the issue with the photos that you are describing.  I have a support ticket out to the developer of the plugin I am using for this display of the Wiki in WP but for now, as Ken suggests, you can view the source document and then the links work correctly.

I'll keep the group updated as I hear from the developer.
Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

DarthOccam

Also, haven't seen this mentioned in another post, but the web server is not configured to use https/ssl.  This means login credentials and any other sensitive information are being transmitted in unencrypted plain text and can be intercepted.  The certificate for the server is invalid, which makes it possible to intercept traffic with a "man in the middle" attack.  Both of these configuration issues are particularly risky for the C34.org users who are accessing the site via an unsecured public wifi connection. 

Should be somewhere on the admin's "to-do" list.
Michael DeCamp
Serenity, #1703
Channel Islands Harbor, CA

britinusa

Quote from: DarthOccam on March 20, 2017, 09:09:50 PM
Also, haven't seen this mentioned in another post, but the web server is not configured to use https/ssl.  This means login credentials and any other sensitive information are being transmitted in unencrypted plain text and can be intercepted.  The certificate for the server is invalid, which makes it possible to intercept traffic with a "man in the middle" attack.  Both of these configuration issues are particularly risky for the C34.org users who are accessing the site via an unsecured public wifi connection. 

Should be somewhere on the admin's "to-do" list.

Agreed!!!
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Sue Clancy

Good points on the security of the login.  Dave Sanner is looking into this.
Sue and Brian Clancy

KWKloeber

Dave

In trying to upload a manual to the TW, I see that there is a PDF file size limit (error, file too large.) 
I hadn't run across this before -- is this something new, or maybe I have just been lucky.  I can't find where the max file size is stated so that I can try to break them up or reduce size.  Whats's the size limit?

Thanks
Ken

Sue Clancy

I just wanted to follow up to let folks know that the developer of the plug in we use for the wiki contents released a fix to the issue that we had with the jpg and png files not working correctly.  That seems to be resolved now.
Sue and Brian Clancy