Question on Used Mattress Cost

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthOccam

Our MkII boat came with the custom inter-spring two-part mattresses, but the aft cabin mattress was never used by the original owner (he used the V-berth and only used the boat as a floating apartment when in LA).  We also never used the aft cabin, except as an attic, and so the mattress has been siting in a closet wrapped in plastic the last 6 years.  To my knowledge, no one has ever slept on it.

My question for the group is:  assuming someone would be interested in this mattress, what is something like this worth?  I don't have any frame of reference.

Thanks,

Michael
Michael DeCamp
Serenity, #1703
Channel Islands Harbor, CA

Stu Jackson

Michael,

Have you considered calling Catalina and asking them what a new one would cost?  You can work from there.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

mregan

I was looking to get a mattress made for my v-berth.  Got a budget quote between $600-700 based on how thick I want it.  Yours might be in the same range.

DarthOccam

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll follow up and then post something in the For Sale forum.

Michael
Michael DeCamp
Serenity, #1703

Ken Krawford

Just remember that some day you'll be selling this boat.  No aft cabin mattress could be a real deal breaker.
Ken Krawford
C350 Hull 351  2005 Universal M35B

DarthOccam

Quote from: Ken Krawford on March 07, 2017, 02:49:33 AM
Just remember that some day you'll be selling this boat.  No aft cabin mattress could be a real deal breaker.

A good point Ken, and one that that made me stop to think.  But I'm not going to be using them anytime in the next 2-3 years and no longer have the ability to store them.

Ad posted in the for sale section.
Michael DeCamp
Serenity, #1703