second anchor?

Previous topic - Next topic

kwaltersmi

We carry a Danforth in the bow anchor locker as a secondary, but as Paulus mentioned, we didn't use it when we were in the North Channel. There are however several anchorages where a bow anchor and a stern shore tie work well.
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

Mas Tequila

kwaltersmi,

We had seen a number of people have 2 lines out in the NC, most of course are tied off to the shore. This got us to thinking that we really should have a second anchor on board because...well we really should.

Ron,

I believe we have a Delta fast-set but I can't tell you exactly what size but I looks appropriate for the boat. There is 30 feet of chain and 200 of rode for this and we thought we would pick up the same amount of chain for the spare. We only bought the boat this past August and splashed her Sept 1st so we have been playing catch up on learning systems and what projects we need to accomplish.

Paulus,

I sent you a PM with my number. We actually have a slip on the south side of the Bay at Betsy Bay Marina which is in Elberta but know one knows where in the world Elberta is. Since we are only a half mile from Frankfort it's just easier to reference Frankfort because most people have an idea where it is. Our marina used to be in pretty poor shape but the new owners have been busting their backs fixing it up and have been just wonderful to us. It's not a place to hold your little finger in the air while sipping tea but if you like hanging out around a bonfire with other boaters drinking beer and telling lies it's great. Also being locals Frankfort can test our patients a bit in the summer.
Positive Latitude
1986 MKI hull # 11
Frankfort, MI

Paulus

I have been to Elberta by dingy.  Did not realize there was enough water depth.  We usually anchor for an overnight in LaKe Betsy.  Concerning the NC, in a tight anchorage people usually tie to shore.  If you do tie to shore make sure that your line is long enough to come back to the boat as this makes it easier to retrieve your line upon departure.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944