Wiring Harness, again

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

It is not appropriate for anyone to tell you what to do.  I have attempted to engage in this subject with some historical facts about how this website grew and happens to be arranged.

It is not "my baby" - I've said that already.  What part don't you get?

It may be time for you to just give it a rest, please.  Your tirades are becoming tiresome.

Sorry Stu,

Once again I misinterpreted your actual words 
In this case, you have provided much needed updated information on the wiring harness issue, which, to use your phrase "all in one place," would most likely belong in the Critical Upgrades page, instead of starting yet another, ahem, separate topic.  
and so apologize (again) for doing anything that might be interpreted as any way improper, the wrong thing when posting, or not posting, or inadvertently posting not in the most-appropriate location, or whatever I should have done, or should not have done.  I can't apologize for whatever the faux pas was, in any other way that I know of.

I took your comments verbatim that it shouldn't have been on the main forum.  Mea Culpa.  My mistake,  My bad.  My very bad.  Next time I'll try to do a better job trying to read between the lines and will try to not take your statements so literally.

still friends?

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Guys : To all the readers we have "beaten this dead horse to a pulp"!!!

To rid yourself of a fire hazard from the factory installed wiring harness simply:

1. Remove both trailer plugs in the wiring harness (don't give a damn what it or they are called!!)
2. Connect the wires from the trailer plugs together (one by one) use butt connectors or solder w/heat shrink
3. Junk the ammeter (if installed) and replace with a voltmeter
4. Run a heavy wire (I'd suggest at least #6 or #4 gage) from the stock 55 amp alternator output to the starter solenoid or run the alternator output directly to the battery bank.
5. Install a large amperage fuse in that output line, if you have a hi output alternator with a external voltage regulator. (see your alternator/regulator instructions) 
If you run that (+) output line direct, install that large fuse within about 4 inches of the batteries. You might also think about also running a direct (-) negative line from the alternator case.

I am prepared to be blasted by the C30 Guru.   And as always to get in the last word!!    :wink:

Ron, Apache #788

Noah

Tell you one thing...I have completely lost my taste for Gummy Bears! :abd:
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

karista

Quote from: Noah on February 08, 2017, 04:08:42 PM
Tell you one thing...I have completely lost my taste for Gummy Bears! :abd:
I totally agree! This has been written up so many times and should not be allowed any more space on this great forum!!
Bernd, 1990- Hull 1012, Gulfport, FL

KWKloeber

Quote from: Ron Hill on February 08, 2017, 03:14:40 PM
I am prepared to be blasted by the C30 Guru.      :wink:

Ron One important step left out, but not me, no way am I getting sucked into posting any more about a dang harness.  It's all on the 101/CU/wiki/ to read.  !:0)

anonymous
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain