strictly sail in Chicago, January 2017?

Previous topic - Next topic

anaisdog

are any c34'ers planning on going to this, next month?  Catalina will be there.  I'm hoping to go and would like to meet up with any other c34'ers
Hull #99, c34, 1986, Detroit Yacht Club

Jim Hardesty

I haven't gone since they changed the format/venue.  I would like to hear what others think about the recent shows.  Don't know where you are traveling from, but leaving from Erie,PA Amtrack, the train, was a really easy and economical way to go.  I liked the show and Chicago.  I'll think about going if there are positive reviews.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

anaisdog

oh!  thanks for the reminder. need to put my city and club in my signature

yeah, i haven't been since they made it an RV show but i'll give it a  shot

kwaltersmi

We haven't been since they moved from Navy pier to McCormick and combined it with powerboats and RV's.  However, I'm planning to attend this year with some boating friends and will have extra free tickets to giveaway soon (check my website at www.SailFarLiveFree.com for updates in the next week or so).
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

anaisdog

really?  cool!  i'll look at your site then!  i need 2, maybe 4 tickets

Noah

Chicago is cold, right!?  Strictly shiver! Never mind.. 8) Sorry, couldn't resist...
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

kwaltersmi

'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

Clay Greene

We went last year to McCormick Place.  I think the sailing part was smaller than when it was at Navy Pier but there are more general boating vendors so there is still lots to see.  The number of sailboats is down but hard to say whether that is because of the change in venue or the industry in general.  One of the Catalina dealers is bringing the 425 so that will be interesting.  We go for the social aspect of it with a group of friends plus some of the lectures are interesting.  And it is the middle of January in the Midwest so it beats shoveling snow. 
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Kokomis

My wife and I are planning to attend Strictly Sail in Chicago 2017 (Saturday and Sunday).  We just purchased a 1992 Catalina 34' and would love to meet others who have been sailing Catalinas.